UPDATE (March 16th):
URGENT announcement for all guests: The Summit Lodge is CLOSED until further notice to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. We are not currently accepting new bookings. If you have an existing booking before March 22nd and have not yet departed, please remain where you are. All bookings prior to March 22nd will receive a full refund.
We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. These are difficult times and we must act swiftly to ensure the safety of all.
Related: Vail has announced that Whistler Blackcomb will be CLOSED until Sunday, March 22nd.
Vail CEO Rob Katz writes, “We have made the difficult decision to suspend the operations of all our North American mountain resorts and retail stores beginning Sunday, March 15, 2020 through Sunday, March 22, 2020 and will use that time to reassess our approach for the rest of the season.”
For more information, read their release here.
Statement from the Summit Lodge regarding COVID-19:
To our Valued Guests,
As you may be aware, there are nationwide health concerns regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus), and the related closure of the Whistler-Blackcomb Mountains. The safety of our guests and associates is our foremost priority, and to that end we want to update you on the steps we are taking in light of COVID-19.
To promote hygiene and safety, we have gone beyond requirements stipulated by Health Canada, and have undertaking the following steps:
- Cleaning all of the common areas multiple times a day using sanitizer; housekeepers are changing their gloves after every room that they clean and disposing of them safely.
- Deployment of hand sanitizer throughout the hotel, sanitizing the front desk multiple times a day. and all staff are increasing thorough hand washing and the application of hand sanitizer
- We are sanitizing hotel key cards after each guest use; we have enhanced the cleaning of guest rooms during and after each stay, with special attention to touch point areas.
- Having regular meetings with our staff regarding the latest on Covid-19; If any staff show signs or symptoms, they will be self quarantined, and all staff are being evaluated for symptoms before the start of every shift.
- Deploying signage within the lobby with the latest updates from Vail as well as any recommendations the World Health Organization and Provincial health authority may have
- All staff that are not involved in day to day operations will be working from home for the time being
We request that if you find that you are feeling unwell while you are here at the hotel, please do not leave your room. We will assist in making arrangements to have you taken to the Whistler Medical Centre in Whistler Village. We must advise the hospital of your arrival so that they may take the required precautions for your safety and the safety of other patients and hospital staff. We also ask that you advise the front desk if you are travelling from a destination that have been announced as concern areas or deemed unsafe by the WHO or the CDC.
*Update: The Summit Lodge is CLOSED until Wednesday, April 1st to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. We are not currently accepting new bookings. If you have an existing booking before April 1st and have not yet departed, please remain where you are. All bookings prior to April 1st will receive a full refund.
Our Front Desk team is working hard to contact individuals with bookings and issue refunds. If you have a booking before April 1st and have not yet been contacted, please call us ASAP at 1(888) 913-8811.
The General Manager is on site and am available from 8am – 10pm via telephone or in person should anyone have any questions
Should you have any questions, please contact the front desk team or myself directly.
We appreciate your understanding during this difficult time and hope that you continue to enjoy the time you have with us in Whistler.
Summit Lodge Boutique Hotel