Skate-Park-Art-In-Photos-cover-image

Graffiti, street art, vandalism. Just like the people who create it, unsanctioned public art is still very misunderstood and is considered a frightening visualisation of a neighbourhood’s decline. In Whistler, it is much the opposite.

Yes, we still have actual vandals who tag bus shelters and bridges but here they’re the 1%. The other 99% is made up of illustrators, designers and artists who were drawn to Whistler’s outdoor activities and stayed to live a of passion, expression and creativity.

Creative expression in sport goes hand-in-hand with expression on the canvas, and many Whistler athletes turn to photography, painting and illustrating in the off-season. Here we’re lucky that their public creativity is welcomed and celebrated in areas as the Whistler skatepark.

Next time you’re in the village swing by the skatepark (there’s a Google Map at the bottom). Everyone who rides there is super friendly and we think it will inspire you to get out and create!

A wall always has been and always will be, the best place to publish your work – Banksy

Baz Corolan paints a deep sea creature at Whistler Skate Park

Artist // Baz Carolan. Collaboration with Prior Snowboards and Skis

Instagram: ArtxBaz

Kris Kupsky portraiture with spray paint in Whistler skate park

Artist // Kris Kupskay

Website: thehiddenagendaprojects.com

Kris Kupsky Chucky painting Whistler skate part

Artist // Kris Kupskay

Website: thehiddenagendaprojects.com

IMG_0611

Artist // Kris Kupskay

Website: thehiddenagendaprojects.com

Whistler Skate Park Street Art. Baz Corolan and Kris Kupsky

Artists Collaboration // Kris Kupskay & Baz Carolan

Instagram: ArtxBaz

 

IMG_0591Artist // Kris Kupsky

Website: thehiddenagendaprojects.com

IMG_0592Artist // Kris Kupskay

Website: thehiddenagendaprojects.com

Kris Kuspky surf painting Whistler Skate Park

Artist // Kris Kupskay

Website: thehiddenagendaprojects.com

IMG_0578

Artist // Kris Kupskay

Website: thehiddenagendaprojects.com

[googlemap address=”4330 Blackcomb Way” width=”600″ height=”340″ position=”left”]